Society is dealing with a worldwide ageing course of ensuing from a progressive improve in life expectancy and a reduction in start charges, all of which is resulting in an alteration of the inhabitants pyramids with major social and economic penalties.
The progressive improve of the population over 65 years previous has turn into a determining issue in the European and world social panorama. The longer term situations established by the European Commission within the 2015 Ageing Report (The Ageing Report 2015) foresee a large improve on this phase of the inhabitants, which in 2060 will symbolize 30% of the European inhabitants.
This major sociodemographic change brings with it new and numerous challenges, as well as a source of opportunities to boost the financial system, job creation, innovation and research.
The European Fee and the European Council have recognized the ageing of the population as one of the main future challenges, mentioning that a agency and constructive response have to be given to this demographic phenomenon in European social models.
It’s time to change attitudes to ageing and promote cultural change. In this approach we may help individuals to stay longer, more lively and unbiased lives, and in addition help our societies to reap the benefits of the alternatives inherent in a brand new social reality.
The International Centre on Ageing (CENIE) is a response to this phenomenon that is changing the world through which we reside.
The Worldwide Centre on Ageing (CENIE) is an accepted initiative (0348_CIE_6_E) within the INTERREG V-A Cooperation Programme, Spain-Portugal, (POCTEP), 2014-2020, funded by the European Regional Improvement Fund (ERDF).
The Images Contest promoted by the Fundación Basic de la Universidad de Salamanca (FGUSAL), inside the framework of the International Centre on Ageing (CENIE), begins on 14 June 2019 and ends on 31 December 2019 at 24:00h (time -UTC+01:00- Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris).
By submitting an entry, each entrant accepts the principles of the competitors and declares to be of authorized age.
Who can participate:
The CENIE Grand Prize and the prizes: “Elección del Público”, Gente, Miradas, Miradas Ibéricas, Miradas en la Raya, Imágenes Alteradas and Móvil are open to photographers over the age of 18. FGUSAL will determine the eligibility of winners at its sole discretion.
The subsequent 6 classes have to be concerning the slogan that serves because the title of the images contest:
“Age doesn’t mean getting old, just growing older.”
1. Individuals: Portraits and pictures of older individuals in groups or alone that convey a constructive view of age.
2. Appears. Occasions, objects or actions that connect the truth of older individuals with the enjoyment of cultural and pure heritage. They have to be pictures that give us an concept of what it means to reside actively the elderly.
three. Iberian Seems. Occasions, objects or activities that join the truth of the elderly with the enjoyment of the cultural and natural heritage of Spain and Portugal. They have to be pictures that give us an concept of what it means to reside actively, the elderly, in Spain and Portugal.
four. Seems to be at the line: Events, objects or activities that connect the truth of older individuals with the enjoyment of the cross-border territory1 of Spain and Portugal. They have to be pictures that give us an concept of what it means to reside actively the aged.
1 El Espacio Transfronterizo de España-Portugal is made up of 37 NUTS III nations belonging to each nations:
– Spain: Ourense, Pontevedra, Zamora, Salamanca, Cáceres, Badajoz, Huelva, A Coruña, Lugo, Ávila, León, Valladolid, Cadiz, Córdoba and Sevilla.
– Portugal: Alto Minho, Cávado, Terras Tras-os-Montes, Douro, Beiras and Serra de Estela, Beira Baixa, Alto Alentejo, Alentejo Central, Baixo Alentejo, Algarve, Ave, Alto Tâmega, Tâmega e Sousa, Área Metropolitana do Porto, Viseu Dão-Lafões, Região de Coimbra, Médio Tejo, Região de Aveiro, Região de Leiria, Oeste and Alentejo Litoral..
5. Altered photographs: Pictures manipulated for inventive functions by way of the appliance of digital and/or traditional particular effects (i.e., coloring, toning, collage, photographic composites, HDR, and so on.)..
6. Cellular: Any photograph taken with a cellular system (telephone or tablet).
To be eligible for any category, a photograph should have been taken by the participant as of January 1, 2019.
Trimmed photographs are eligible in all classes. We do not settle for digital or enhanced or otherwise altered photographs, besides those included in the Altered Pictures class. Minor changes, including spotting, adjusting contrast, and barely adjusting shade or digital equivalents are acceptable for all classes. If judges decide that a photographer has altered their photograph, they reserve the proper to move it to altered Photographs or disqualify it.
For a photograph through which a person is recognizable, you have to be ready to offer authorization from the individual showing in the photograph or, in the case of a minor, from the mother or father or guardian, to be submitted to FGUSAL if requested.
Similarly, members whose pictures characterize the work of others (corresponding to sculptures, statues, work, and other copyrighted works) have to be prepared to offer authorization from the copyright holder to FGUSAL if requested. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its surroundings and not as an entire close-up of another person’s creation.
Photographs that violate or infringe one other individual’s rights, including but not restricted to copyright, are usually not eligible.
Methods to participate:
Please submit photographs by means of the form created on our website cenie.eu or request info at [email protected] As much as 5 pictures might be submitted per class for a complete of 30 entries. To be displayed in our on-line gallery with out being stretched or distorted, pictures have to be submitted in .jpeg or .jpg format at 72ppp, edited for the online in sRGB colour area, of at the very least 2,000 pixels on its largest aspect and no heavier than 5 MB. A type have to be completed for each photograph submitted.
We don’t settle for pictures despatched by mail and don’t accept multiple contestant per e mail tackle. Top quality scans of non-digital pictures are acceptable. Digital pictures must be taken with the very best potential resolution.
Finalists may be requested to submit an unique, unedited digital file, or an unique unfavorable, printed, or slide. Unique negatives, copies or slides shall be returned to the finalists. FGUSAL reserves the suitable to disqualify contestants who’re unable to submit, upon request, a high resolution photograph of at the least 300 dpi at 2,000 pixels on the lengthy aspect or a unfavourable, print or unique slide of the photograph. Cellular pictures are exempt from this measurement requirement, but have to be despatched with the very best resolution if requested.
FGUSAL can gather metadata from a photograph when submitted.
Participation within the Contest implies on the a part of the contestants:
– Assure that you are the only holder of all rights to the photograph you submit to the competitors, that you’ve authorization and, subsequently, are answerable for the use and disclosure of the pictures where there are individuals more likely to be recognized or works of others protected by copyright.
– Settle for that the images submitted could also be used in the exhibition, sample or any visual part of a listing derived from this competition.
– Settle for that the images introduced may be reproduced, without business purposes and in an ethical manner by FGUSAL or CENIE, in publications or on the FGUSAL or CENIE portal.
– Accept that the images despatched can be utilized, without the necessity for prior communication, all the time mentioning the identify of the writer of the photograph, in communication supplies and eventual disclosure in publications or magazines, including online help.
– FGUSAL is just not chargeable for any downloads which are illegally made from the photographic works uncovered in its portal or in that of CENIE.
Deadline for registration:
The competitors begins on 14 June 2019. All entries have to be acquired by way of the entry type created on the cenie.eu website before 24:00h (time -UTC+01:00- Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris) on 31 December 2019.
The images might be evaluated on the idea of their creativity, quality, originality and responsiveness to speedy and general influence.
The FGUSAL will select 10 finalists per category, one winner for every category and one winner of the CENIE Grand Prix Miradas from among the 60 finalists. The 60 finalists might be notified of their standing in March 2020 and can appear on our web site in the spring of 2020. At that time, the public can vote on our web site for the winner of the “Public Choice” award from among the many 60 finalists. The winner of the Viewers Selection Award, Grand Prize winner and category winners might be announced online in June 2020.
FGUSAL, by means of CENIE, will notify finalists and winners within the contact info offered on the time of registration; FGUSAL might disqualify anyone who doesn’t reply to the notification inside five enterprise days of being notified.
Eight prizes might be awarded, as indicated under:
– CENIE Grand Prize: €5,000.
– Winners in every class: Winners in every of the 6 categories will obtain €1,250.
– Elección del publico: “The winner of the “Audience Choice” award will receive €2,000.
Just one prize per individual shall be awarded.
Winners should signal a allow and license, as well as a declaration of eligibility, and will probably be liable for paying any taxes which will end result from the receipt of the prize.
Online options: FGUSAL might select pictures to spotlight on its web site or show them in a publicly accessible competitors archive on its web site or on the CENIE’s web site; such choices can be made at FGUSAL’s discretion.
1. The organization won’t reply to calls or letters concerning the outcomes of the contest. Individuals must look forward to the Jury’s determination to be revealed within the applicable place. Only the winners shall be notified of the result of the competition.
2. Every participant shall be answerable for the danger of loss or injury to pictures or different materials resulting through the submission course of.
three. Members are solely answerable for their participation. Members might not submit materials that introduce software program viruses or different packages designed to wreck software, hardware or telecommunications gear, or which are off-topic, or that infringe the rights of third parties.
4. The contest is void the place prohibited or restricted by regulation. FGUSAL reserves the appropriate to cancel the competition or modify these guidelines at its discretion. In the occasion of a dispute over winners, FGUSAL reserves the suitable to award or not to award prizes at its sole discretion. FGUSAL reserves the proper to disqualify any participant whose entry or conduct seems to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; alter competition; violate these guidelines or different applicable legal guidelines or laws; infringe the rights of others; or act in an unsportsmanlike or harmful method. FGUSAL’s selections are last and binding.
5. Any omission in these laws can be resolved by the organizing entity.